Wednesday, March 07, 2007

tuesday's child is full of grace

But not in the case of my daughter, who seems to utterly lack grace or even basic human agility. Last night we went out to dinner and I got a scoop of vanilla ice cream for Oona to eat. I was feeding her little spoonfuls when she yanked the spoon out of my hand and attempted to feed herself. She wound up jamming the spoon into her eye and now has a nice bruise on her eyelid. This morning a particularly heavy dust mote felled her, at least that's the only explanation I have for her falling for no apparent reason and cutting her lip. And our tv entertainment center, that I'm always eyeing with concern about the corners on the bottom, well Oona with the head that's a heat seeking missile for injury, hit her forehead against the corner, after the lip cutting fall, now her forehead is swollen and bruising nicely. At least it didn't indent and she didn't cut herself or else I'd be making yet another head injury related trip to the ER. Here's hoping she doesn't throw up during her nap. My daughter, I love her to pieces, but with every bump to the head she's shaving time off my life. I just ordered corner cushions from One Step Ahead, maybe one step closer to a nervous breakdown would be more accurate. I was considering getting this but it's letting the fear consume and it also lacks a protective face grill, which Oona would probably need.

3 comments:

jennypah said...

Poor Oona! Hope those boos boos go away quickly.

sew nancy said...

how is ms. oona doing?

Elise A. Miller said...

i knew before the link even opened that it would be that hideous helmet. I am thankful you didn't get it for her. Bryan and I were laughing over it when the catalog arrived. how does one step ahead find us all? i mean I know how, but jeesh. my life is shortened just reading about her trials and tribulations. she's one tough cookie though, you think?