Thursday, March 22, 2007

holy grail

In my case the coveted grail is a pair of jeans that fit and are flattering. I don't know why this is so hard. With any type of low rise pant I'm hitching up my underwear and jeans every two seconds but there are no jeans close to the waist that don't make you look like you've got an ass the size of a truck and they're usually tapered which just emphasizes the truck ass even more. To top it off my right thigh is larger than the left one, possibly a result of all my driving, so all the mom related chaffeuring makes me apoplectic with the extreme drivers (just yesterday a guy illegally passed me on a narrow, windy mountain because I was going too slow due to a hail storm) and gives me a thick thigh.

Other holy grails I'm on a quest for are a way to keep Oona from screaming when she doesn't get her way and to keep Owen from whining when he doesn't get his way.

Oh yeah, and an uninterrupted night of 8 hours sleep. A girl can dream.

2 comments:

Elise A. Miller said...

you must pay for jeans. think of it as an assvestment. james jeans http://www.jamesjeans.us/home.html have a higher rise in the back. they're the only brand I know of that does that, so you don't have "Iraq" syndrome, as in, "I see London, I see Iraq..." when you figure out how to quell Owen's whining can you help me with mine? HAHAHA. heh.

sew nancy said...

f*** jeans
just wear skirts
or if you must just buy too big
that way they are comfortable and you can belt them
i have a pair i love that i got at target they are levi's and i think a junior's size.