Tuesday, March 13, 2007

at the zoo

So last week was a typical discombobulated, Mom-busy type week. Owen had 3 days off of school while I've got a looming deadline for finishing these photos that I'm working on, nothing like that to bring the stress on. Friday was a pretty nice day though, not as lovely as today, it's close to 70, but it was much warmer than it had been of late. So I went with the kids to the zoo real early in the morning, since it was basically the only place open at 9:00 I figured we'd spend a couple hours there and then go run errands. It is so nice to have the zoo close to us and I think there were maybe six other people in the zoo, so we basically we had the place to ourselves. Mama tiger and her two cubs were nice enough to sit right next to the observation window which we all enjoyed.

Owen's favorite part of the zoo is the aquarium. There's an amazing two story fish tank holding leopard sharks and all these other fish, but Owen always runs right by it and down the ramp to the first floor where he can crawl through a tunnel under sting rays. Before his race to the ground floor he was patient enough to let me take a couple pictures at the tank holding starfish and sea urchins. I can't believe how pretty the coloring of the urchins are. Hope everyone enjoys this quick burst of warm weather, stay away from the computer if you can. I should take my own advice.

No comments: