Friday, January 25, 2008


Toby left on wednesday for a business trip in Vegas. He doesn't get back until next friday. Nine days of solo parenting, oh my! How in the world do single parent families manage? Owen stayed home from school today because he's had a cold with a sore throat and last night he had a low grade fever and was acting miserable, didn't sleep well, which means I didn't sleep well because he sleeps in our bed when Toby's away. Of course Owen, once again, miraculously recovered to his normal chipper self on entering the doctor's office. Can a place have a placebo effect? Owen asked me a few times if he was going to get a shot, but when he was reassured that that wouldn't happen he was cured. Honestly though, he looks a little rough around the eyes, from missing a good night's sleep and he is still sniffling but he tested negative for strep so that's a relief. He gets very excited when I let him have a 'cough drop' (an orange sucker containing corn syrup and vitamin C) my attempt at a placebo to help my dramatically hypochondriac child through his cold. By the end of the day I was taking a child break, looking at gofugyourself which cracks me up, while they were watching a movie on tv. But I didn't respond to Oona's 'I pooped' fast enough (I should clarify at this point that I was all of 7 feet away from her since the computer is on top of our dining table). She yanked off her tights and diaper and got poop all over her Elmo couch and our rug (pale blue, the most impractical color for a house with kids) before I got in the living room. Keep your fingers crossed that they sleep in until 8:00 for me this weekend.

1 comment:

sew nancy said...

9 days, that's hard
and i think i have it bad with mt crazy current life.
i'll be thinking of you.
xx