Tuesday, September 11, 2007

oona's best friend

Now normally I frown upon animal cruelty but in Frodo's case he seems to have a masochistic relationship with Oona. Oona doesn't mean to be rough with him, it's just that she's not even two yet, so she can be a bit overly enthusiastic when she hugs, pets or otherwise plays with Frodo. But Frodo just loves her. Whenever he sees her he comes over and rubs against her legs then rolls over on his back for her to pat his tummy. She will regularly put him down for a nap, covering him up in a blanket then patting his head while saying 'night night' and bending over to give him a kiss. I wouldn't be all that surprised if a dog was letting a child do this to them, but a cat? It seems to go against the very stereotype of catlike behavior? I've had to scold her in the past for pulling at the cat's tail and he doesn't even seem phased by it if it's her, not that anyone else is yanking the cat's tail. I mean Frodo is awful friendly with me too but I think that has more to do with the fact that I feed him and clean the litter box. Sam seems to prefer Owen, but he likes Owen when he's asleep, then he sleeps on his bed with him. Toby feels that neither of the cats like him and keeps talking about getting a dog but I feel like I'm cleaning up enough poop currently.

1 comment:

sew nancy said...

Wow, Frodo does sound very tolerant.
Poor Toby though he's so neglected....