Friday, September 21, 2007

aarp membership should be arriving any day now

So I wrote a couple weeks ago about having surgery on my eyelid to get two suspicious moles removed. Well, they were biopsied and it turns out it was non cancerous lentigo, otherwise known as liver spots. Nothing like being told you have liver spots to make you feel old and start researching non-invasive skin treatments to restore that youthful glow, my mantra is fraxel at forty. I had this surgery 3 weeks ago, but yesterday I woke up with a bruise on the lid that looks like a drunk was putting permanent liner on me and gave up halfway through it. I went to the doctor today and he said it's very curious. It's not infected and there's no real reason it should suddenly bruise like that. He speculated that since new blood vessels, which are friable, are growing there, if I rubbed my lid too vigorously it could cause them to break. But I haven't really rubbed that eyelid. I asked him what to do if it got worse and he said talk to my GP because then there might be blood issues if I'm bruising easily. How I love growing old!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Parenthood is finding out about the results of your wife's doctor's appointment by reading her blog.

Some day our life will be slower and we'll actually have time to talk to each other again.

Someday.

Love hubby