Monday, September 17, 2007

guilty conscience

If you're a Mom like me you've probably seen most of the Pixar films so many times you can easily reference them for everyday life situations. Like I keep hearing Wallace Shawn, who voiced the dinosaur in Toy Story & Toy Story 2, saying 'Oh no, now I have guilt!' after they throw Woody off the moving truck towards the end of Toy Story. You see I now have massive guilt for saying negative things about Oona in the previous post. If there are any readers of this blog who only know me from the internet I must sound so bitchy. I probably sound bitchy to people who know me too. I hope any loyal readers of this blog realize that I was having a bad, overwhelming week and have since recovered. Oona seems to react to the gradual light changes in the spring and fall, her sleep/napping schedule gets thrown out of week and she tends to be fussier as a result. I try not to give in when she screams or acts up since I don't want to reinforce her negative behavior. I know that sounds cold but I really try to ignore it, well I can't ignore it but I act like I am since the books and doctors and every other kid authority tells me that's what you're supposed to do. Still, I also totally spoil and overindulge Oona, usually with chocolate and letting her use me as her personal jungle gym. She really is a dear, sweet little girl who, with her strong temper, will be no shrinking violet as an adult, to which I'm eternally grateful. The girl has moxie. She's such a sweet soul though. If I sneeze or cough, I've had a cold for a few days now, she'll say 'Okay Mommy?' in this voice full of concern. If Owen's crying she'll look at me very serious and say 'Owen sad.' and run over to pat his back or give him a hug. You know, I'm sure I get on her nerves from time to time, when I don't let her eat cheese puffs for breakfast or let her have treats all day long, but I felt really bad after that last post. It's not like she can read and post a flaming comment up to get back at me for saying that stuff.

3 comments:

sew nancy said...

I didn't think that at all. You were having a bad week and let's face it kids are tough sometimes.
Cute photo of Oona!

sew nancy said...

I tagged you for a meme. Rules on my blog

Elise A. Miller said...

i agree with sew nancy. you're a good egg as my mother would say.