Monday, April 06, 2009

Among the things that baffle me as a mom. Why children protest so much about naps, if only someone would insist that I take a nap every day. Also why they refuse to go the bathroom, my son's nickname should be the camel for how long he'll hold off before going the bathroom. My kids are also incredibly picky with food at mealtimes but I only have myself to blame for that, I'm not a good example for three well balanced meals. In fact Owen used to tease me about my soda addiction, almost as if I was an boozehound, he'd tell his teachers how I was addicted to Coke, fortunately I got no call from a social worker about this. But this is one of the more baffling thing to me. How children will position themselves while doing things. Tell me how in the world balancing your body on a couch and table like this while watching tv can be comfortable? There's just no way.

Owen told me something priceless at bathtime tonight. I was patting him dry and poked his tummy, he's got abs that Toby & I both envy for how lean and strong he is, when he lifted his arm up and told me to feel his muscle. I touched his slender bicep, wrapping my hands around it until thumb and index finger touch. He said 'I'm getting really strong because I've been exercising. In girltown today (he went over to his friend's house and her room, which she shares with her sister, is called girltown, which is priceless in itself) I picked up a five pound weight' he says incredulous. 'With one hand! And raised it over my head!' I whistled amazed at this tale 'Wow, you're quite strong Owen.' 'Yeah, imagine if I found a ten pound wieght.' Imagine.

2 comments:

sew nancy said...

hey you

matty told me his was waiting to do #2 until mick came home from work when i knew he had to go for awhile. kind of funny though

he also balances in the craziest ways at the dinner table. sitting down the normal way is not possible

and
he will protest he is not tired when it is so obvious that he is...

i like that owen is flexing his muscles over at girltown....

kristi said...

oh i am so afraid of aedan going to girltown. you seem to be managing it very well, i might add...

and yes, my kids do these same crazy poses. they will balance between the arm of the couch and the arm of the chair, or hang upside down until they have a headache while they watch tv.