Wednesday, February 25, 2009

discombobulated

I'm taking a break from studying for my Microbiology test, which I have tomorrow and fear might ruin my 4.0 streak in school (my professor is a bit of a wild card and I like my professors to be cogent on gelling together all the confusing science stuff). But in other news I got into Duquesne's second degree nursing program - yeah! Bad news, I now have to come up with $37,000 for tuition (yeah, that's for one year of school) plus an additional $5,000 or so to cover childcare expenses for the kids, since they'll be in before and after care most likely. Sooo... I put this SOS on my facebook but I figure it can't hurt to bombard as many people as possible. If you know of any scholarships for second degree nursing students (very hard to come by, most scholarships are for people without a bachelor's) please please please let me know.

In other news, I'm bored with prokaryote vs eukaryote so I thought I'd show you my favorite skirt. Really you might say? This skirt is 15 years old, bought it in NYC at French Connection after leaving library studies grad school in Austin. Oh the many dead ends I've taken in life. I have worn this thing pretty consistently since then and would love to make copies of it, it's so comfy, if not the most flattering. That waist photo is to show you that the waistband has completely stretched out after 15 years, and I did live in this the first four months that I was pregnant with Owen. It's some sort of jersey/lightweight wool and it's in my favorite color grey! I own so many grey clothes it's pathetic, it's my kinder version of basic black. In other news thesee photos are awful and they come from my 12 megapixels camera! I can't figure out how to get good indoor shots without them being extremely grainy. Don't tell me I'm going to have to crack open the manual - when I say I like point and shoot camera I mean it, no learning from a book I want my camera to be completely intuitive and goof proof, is it too much to ask?

3 comments:

BabelBabe said...

really not too hard to copy. is it cut on the bias? Get thee to a fabric store and we'll figure it out from there....

Elise A. Miller said...

nice job with the degree program. do you think you can get forty thou for the skirt? xo

sew nancy said...

i'm trying to remember if i can remember this skirt
oh, we need to figure this out for you
i am still searching for the perfect black skirt and dress
i had this one black maternity skirt that i was actually excited about wearing with pregnancy #2 and i tried to wear it a few weeks after i gave birth to ms. s. while on the way to the pediatrician the skirt fell to my knees while walking in the city- thankfully it was winter so my coat covered my a**