Tuesday, February 03, 2009

tagged


Okay, even though Kristi Bennett was rooting for the Cardinals I will forgive her that lapse in judgement and say how flattered I was when she tagged me for this project. You're truly a blogger I could see being friends with since I only follow you and the other blogs I read are from people I already know. Hopefully you all know that I'm completely kidding about the sports reference. Funny side note, I went to get Toby a some beer from the bar three blocks up the street from us a couple months ago and was gagging as soon as I entered it was so darn smoky. A Steelers game was on and a rather 'seasoned' (in years as well as drinks) man was trying to chat me up about the game.
him: 'Are you a fan?'
me: 'Gosh, I don't really follow football.'
him: 'Why don't you take a seat and watch the game for a while.'
me: 'I'm getting these (gesture to beer) for my husband.'
him: 'nuff said.'
He was probably just being friendly, but I lack even the most rudimentary flirting skills. After I came home, I gave Toby his beer and promptly took a shower to remove the smoky bar stench from my five minutes in there.

Okay... so now more about the photo tagging. The directions are: Go to your image file, find the fourth folder, and post the fourth picture. This will look familiar, it's one I cropped and photoshopped a wire out of for a picture earlier in the year (love those 12 megapixels). Okay I have to help copy edit the D- Digest, the monthly newsletter that our PTA puts out and my friend Kathleen does an amazing job on this. Hope to catch a Frontline on Parkinson's at 9 since I love learning about all things brain related.

I am tagging the pen and the poop, rambling mommy and babel babe I would tag Nancy but Kristi already got her. And can I just say there are no time limits on the tagging. I always feel awful guilt forwarding or tagging people because I'm just a big worrier, never want to make people feel bad/mad. It's hard in the virtual world unless you put an emoticon after every darn sentence so all I'm saying is no pressure (don't know an emoticon for that one).

2 comments:

kristi said...

yay! thanks so much for doing this. i love your photos. i think what i love the most is the lines and colors in them. you have a great eye for that.

and i agree: i feel like i could be friends with you too, despite the steelers/cards thing! ;)

you are a good wife to go into a bar and get your hubby a beer--i usually won't step into one of those places by myself. makes me too nervous/self-conscious.

Amelia Plum said...

i once had to do that while 8 months pregnant with my son and kept explaining to the barflys the it was for my husband and not me, so i understand about being self-conscious.