Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Owen's school had a fundraiser where you buy chocolate roses for Valentine's Day and Owen is very excited to be going on a Valentine's date this weekend. I'll chaperone the couple to a movie, think I could convince them to go see Slumdog Millionaire. Now I bought the 6 roses, three red chocolate (yuck) and three milk chocolate, because I thought he'd bring them on the date as a candy bouquet. But he gave Oona a red one right after we picked him up at school yesterday, it might seem like a sweet thing to do but he feels the same way I do about red chocolate, then he opened a milk chocolate up for himself. He's planning on presenting his date with 1 red chocolate so I can plan on watching Owen and Oona duke it out over the remaining three. Owen's older but Oona is cunning, she swiped the bag of roses this morning wanting one for breakfast and when I denied her a horrible tantrum ensued. Here she is in happier times, looking like the joker. Lately she does this horrible fake laugh that would really add a bit of toddler menace to this look.

2 comments:

sew nancy said...

you should of seen mm throwing a tantrum when i tried to convince him of having something other then a pb&j. the kid can be quite dramatic hurling himself on the floor and crying like the world was coming to an end.

yeah, i gave in and gave his beloved sandwich

Elise A. Miller said...

a date? a date? do tell. I am intrigued. xo