Monday, March 09, 2009

shark tales

My head, it hurts. I'm getting so many new things thrown at me in statistics. I can understand everything and do the problems easily enough but when the test comes a week from today I don't know if I'll be able to figure out which formula to use for which question - sort of like a lab rat placed in a maze wondering if it knows the right route to take. I am really looking forward to the break this summer between school school and nursing school. My Mom was out last week to visit for my Grandma's birthday, 94 years old and still fiesty, she's 88 pounds and can't walk but wheels herself all over in her wheelchair. She amazes me, the lady goes up and down so much with her health lately I never know what to expect. But she looked wonderful for her birthday, she had good color and cognitively she was pretty good and was in very good spirits so I'm glad that she enjoyed herself.

Grandma Cat, my children's euphemism for my mom, took us out to eat a whole bunch too. So much for my intention of avoiding junk food for lent. We hit Chili's twice, wild ones that we are, I can't resist the chocolate chip paradise pie. We'd get that and the molten chocolate cake and dig in with abandon. The first night we were there my paradise pie was so warm I scalded my tongue on it. The kids got electric blue slurpies of some sort, Oona wound up with a blue mustache resembling Dali's and Owen, not to be outdone, had a very blue tongue. And if that darn shark was waved in my face one more time I was ready to rip it to pieces with my bare teeth. I have spent most of February and all of March so far, eating like every day is fat tuesday. I need to stop before I pop or at least before my clothes become too small for me.

1 comment:

sew nancy said...

If it makes you feel better I just ate spinach ravioli with bechamel sauce. What could be worse then bechamel sauce as far as calories go?
I would have rather had the molten cake.
Go Grandma!