Thursday, August 28, 2008

first day of school

To get into the real excitement of that title for this post you have to say it like Nemo does in the beginning of Finding Nemo, at least that how I kept hearing it in my head. I was as excited as the kids. Freedom! Does this make me a bad mother that I was so elated to pass my children off? But they're happy. Owen kept saying how his first grade teacher was the best and the music teacher was the best, there were a lot of people that were the best to Owen today. How great is that? Oh if we could only bottle that sweet enthusiasm of youth, it could change the world. Well I'll cut this short I want to listen to Obama, who I pray gets elected, so we can start making some positive, much needed changes in America.

2 comments:

kristi said...

i'm so glad your kids are back in school! and no it certainly doesn't make you a bad mom for wishing that! (although i've been feeling these weird tinges of guilt lately b/c i've encountered all these moms who homeschool--i could never survive that, and my kids wouldn't either...!)

so glad owen was excited. gillian's in 1st grade too, and i'm glad to see she'll be challenged much more than she was in kindergarten it looks like. now if we can figure out how to keep her from talking too much in class...guess i must have passed those genes on to her! have a great friday!

PSUMommy said...

I certainly hope it doesn't make you a bad mother. Especially because I've been counting down the days for 2 months now. And now I'm starting to count down to when Ethan starts preschool...next year. :)

(ps: my mommy blog is http://psumommy.blogspot.com if you wanna see pics of Alex's first day...I started the rambling mommy one because as soon as I'd write a post about myself, people stopped reading it. So the psumommy one is my virtual wallet insert now.)