Monday, March 03, 2008

belated friday

Oh Friday, thank God you're three days gone. I had to pick up Owen early from school because the streets were so bad in the city with the snow. Some guy's car fishtailed coming to a stop sign outside the school. He almost ran into our car but it's not like that made him slow down any. Funny thing was, as soon as we crossed the bridge over to Aspinwall the streets were fine. I guess the city's plowers weren't prepared for the weather yet again, this is ongoing talk radio fodder here in the 'burgh. So, I got my brief kid reprieve at the gym, but it wasn't enough because I was karate carpool Mom that night. Driving to pick up Owen's friend my wheels spun going over the one hill to get her and I was stuck on the other hill trying to get out, until a plow drove by. I usually drive home to let Toby take the kids to karate while I stay home with Oona but the weather wouldn't allow it that night. Oona at karate is a nightmare. She lasted five minutes before she kept running onto the mat trying to join the big kids so I took her kicking and screaming, and punching me, out to sit in the car with me while we waited for the class to end. Owen's friend wound up staying over our house for the night, I didn't want to deal with getting stuck trying to drive her home. After scarfing down way too much food, to try and numb away the previous five hours, I watched a House rerun and called it a night.

No comments: