Monday, March 17, 2008

boy bites boy

So I'm giving Owen and Oona a bath tonight when I notice this mark on Owen's leg. At first I thought he had somehow given himself a hickey on his thigh but I don't know that's it's human possibly to do this to yourself. Then Owen told me a kid bit him in karate when they are all allowed to play and run around like maniacs at the end. I asked him if he cried or told anyone what happened and he said no to both. My son is very against being seen as a tattle tale so he tends not to say stuff to teachers when, I feel, he really should. He did tell the boy that he shouldn't bite, so reasonable at five, but I'm ready to kick some 4 to 6 year old butt, since I'm not as level headed as my son. Not really but I think that is completely out of control for a kid that old to bite him through his pants to the point that it would look like that. I asked Owen if he knew the kid's name and he said no when I asked him to describe him he said he had grey hair, I think Owen might have some degree of color blindness since I don't know of any kids with that hair color - he did say he'll point him out to me on Friday. I'm grateful that it didn't break the skin but my adrenaline is already racing for Friday when I take him to class and talk to the instructor and parent about what happened. And here I've spent all my energy worrying about dog bites.

5 comments:

kristi said...

it's that mother adrenaline--the stuff that automatically kicks in when we need to protect our little ones. i'll be thinking of you friday, and i hope you can get this taken care of so that it doesn't happen again--to owen or anyone else!

mick66 said...

i got shivers looking at that. poor owen!
on a completely unrelated note- would love to know about that quilt.

Amelia Plum said...

Yeah, the bite is bad. He's got a nasty bruise from it. I hope the talk with the biter's parent goes well. I don't want them to feel bad, I just want them to realize next time their kid bites someone on the leg he might get kicked or punched in the face. They're lucky that Owen isn't a fighter. And four or older seems a bit old to still be biting people

The pinwheel quilt and sham were my x-mas gift and are from garnet hill, the link is below. I love the idea of pairing the quilt with orange polka dot sheets as shown in one of the pics - brilliant!

http://www.garnethill.com/jump.jsp?itemID=7542&itemType=PRODUCT&path=1%2C2%2C5%2C9019%2C9036&iProductID=7542

Amy said...

so sorry owen. i hope all goes well on friday. and i love that quilt, too!

Amy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.