Tuesday, March 25, 2008

chocolate madness

Owen and Oona had a great time going on an egg hunt Easter morning. Owen was so excited he woke up way too early in anticipation of what the Easter bunny left him, but I was able to keep him in bed until 7:30. They collected eggs and Owen found the special egg with directions to their easter baskets, well an, easter purse for Oona. I got them both peeps, which Owen called chicklings. They both were transfixed by how the peeps looked but they didn't really like the taste of them all that much. I understand that feeling. When I was young I always wanted to have a cone with Daquiri ice from Baskin Robbins because I thought it was the most lovely shade of green. Alas, after each taster scoop of Daquiri ice (I tried it for years) there was no way I could commit to eating a whole scoop of that stuff, however pretty the color it was wretched.

Owen got a few playmobil figures, I couldn't resist buying him this cop and robber set (this guy took a great photo of the package on flickr). The figures are very deranged, so disturbing in so many ways. So, naturally, I couldn't resist buying them. I bought Oona a Hello Kitty umbrella, because she's been quite jealous of Owen's Batman umbrella. This just winds up being yet another thing for her to drive me crazy with, going into the dresser in the hallway to get her umbrella and play with it inside. I only have myself to blame

What will I do when the kids are old enough to realize that it's me that's rapidly depleting their chocolate supply from Easter, Halloween, Christmas? I am a chocolate addict and I need help. But I seriously don't think I can go a day without the stuff, it's like my version of crack, that and coffee.


Oona's caught snacking on m&m's from her egg. Easter Sunday was all about three meals of chocolate for Oona.


The S&M homoerotic cop and robber set that somehow squeaked through Playmobil production and into Target

4 comments:

kristi said...

i love playmobil stuff but you are right--those figures are twisted! :) glad owen likes them and is too innocent still to notice. ha.

i'm right there with you on the chocolate and coffee addiction. i went out on easter sunday and bought myself two bags of miniature reese peanut butter eggs, and i have been telling myself that because they are miniature i can eat more at one sitting. glad we don't have a scale around the house... :)

glad you guys had a great easter!

sew nancy said...

I've got to look at those figures and still need to go by a magazine stand...don't get out of the house much these days.
I also can not go a whole day without chocolate or a decaf latte or cappuccino. I'm off to put Little M down for a nap..wish me luck
xx

Elise A. Miller said...

hey! Great jammies and I think I actually liked daquiri ice, was at least as enthralled at the color as you were. And meanwhile Oona's hair is so long! what a little lady, i feel like it's been YEARS. HAPPY EASTER belated of course. love to everyone.

cookie said...

what a great blog you have..
(read almost the whole thing)
also had a bad(bad,bad) mother moment the other night. my son wanted a haircut like his older brother(pics on my blog)the implusive person that i am got out the clipping machine thingy and went to work..of course it was the wrong lenght blade, and shaved his head..we were both distraught!!!him at his hair, and me at his devestation. i have been repeating to myself(and him) hair grows back, hair grows back..and of course telling him that hair is not what makes you beautiful, but what is inside your heart.
bet this is the longest comment youve ever got.
i'll stop now.
love