Wednesday, June 20, 2007

yummm

I've had a culinary epiphany in the past week! I discovered Fage and reawakened my love for plain Greek yogurt. I am not typically a yogurt person, it just doesn't appeal to me try as I might to embrace something so healthy, probiotic and good for me. Years ago (1991!) I went to Greece with my college roomie for three weeks after college graduation and fell in love with the plain yogurt over there which was so creamy and sinfully good. But after one mouthful of Dannon plain yogurt, on arriving home, I gave up on finding good yogurt in America. Still something lured me back to yogurt last week, all the healthy probiotics in them that are supposed to aid GI troubles I guess. I came upon Fage which advertised that it has the thick yummy goodness that I remembered sampling in Paros and it didn't disappoint. It also has a lot more protein than regular yogurt. So now I'm on a daily yogurt kick - eating plain yogurt and fresh strawberries I don't even recognize this former muffin junkie?!

Scary FYI that I received from Ideal Bite 'Yoplait's strawberry yogurt gets its pink color from crushed female cochineal beetles and their eggs.' Yuck!

2 comments:

Elise A. Miller said...

love fage too, the one that comes with the sidecar of honey. oh my...

sew nancy said...

i'll have to give fage a try
i heart about the strawberry yogurt thing in vegetarian times mag...that's freaky, right?
love the priceless 'bowie' face on last post