Monday, April 02, 2007

time in a bottle

I was looking at photos I've got stored in random folders on my desktop when I came upon this. My computer desktop is as cluttered as my house. One of the things I miss about being single is that my life was a lot more organized. I was also able to read on a regular basis and go see movies in movie theaters, imagine? You know it's bad if I long for a child-free week in order to clean and declutter the house.

Anyhow this photo is Owen on his first day of pre-k. He looks so cute to me (this jpeg has compressed horribly though and given him a crabapple face). I really should have worked on his hair more for his first day. Look at those tufts of hair horns poking out on the sides, the kid has a lot of cowlicks on his head. He also needed to use the bathrooom as soon as we got into school and they had no paper towels, starting the school year off right. So guess where he wound up wiping his hands? I know there are days that drag, where I'm watching the clock, counting down the minutes until Toby gets back from work. But it all can go by so fast, he's already looking more and more like a boy, losing the lovely chubbiness that toddlers have. I'll probably bawl when the day comes that he no longer wants me to lie down with him, 'just for a minute mama' with his small finger held up, at bedtime.

2 comments:

Elise A. Miller said...

so cute and grown up. i shake my head at the fastness of it all. sigh.

sew nancy said...

owen looks like such a nice little guy. it does really go too fast. sometimes i wish i could just freeze certain moments and stages. right now matty is big into eskimo kisses but that won't last forever :(