Tuesday, April 24, 2007

i've fallen and i can't get up

Yeah, the picture is totally unrelated to this post. I just love seeing chubby toddler legs, especially Oona's, in a micro mini. I fell down the stairs yesterday while carrying my basket of laundry, it wasn't even overflowing with dirty clothes the way it usually is. The good thing - I was already halfway down the stairs. The bad thing - our stairs aren't carpeted so I felt all of those 7 steps I slid down on my back. It could have been worse - at least I wasn't carrying Oona and the laundry. Today I feel like someone took a bat to my back but I'm remarkably bruise-free, which I don't understand since I frequently find nasty, large bruises on my legs and can't even recall what could have caused them. Guess I'll have to be careful about coming downstairs all carefree in socks. A friend of Toby's visited us with his wife and year old son two Thanksgivings ago. They had a different method of parenting than us which caused some conflict between Toby and his friend and much handwringing on my part. Their son fell down our stairs three times and I honestly don't know how he survived one fall let alone three! I wince just thinking about it.

2 comments:

sew nancy said...

hope you feel better soon. i've been fall-free for a while now. i shouldn't say that i know. for a few years there it was embarrassing how much i fell...i almost didn't want to tell people because they would be like 'AGAIN'
i am also enjoying seeing matty's legs in shorts! so cute those little legs.

Elise A. Miller said...

Oona's so grown up! wow. hope your back feels better soon. xxxooo