Friday, February 02, 2007

beautiful music

First things first, I'm compelled to write in a huge disclaimer that the unattractive fleece v-neck I'm wearing is Toby's and I wear it all the time because 1. our house is old and quite drafty and we also keep the heat down low 2. it's too small for Toby to wear comfortably. And, my God, could I possibly look more tired and washed out? Now that I've gotten that off my chest, notice that tiny little square of silver between my fingers? It is the combo valentine's & anniversary gift that Toby got me. An ipod shuffle, designed with a clip so I won't leave it at the gym! Yes, Toby did read that infamous post of me forgetting my ipod at the gym, but he wasn't mad and actually had already gotten this for me - how serendipitous! I got the gift early because Toby was convinced I had snooped it out, I hadn't but I did correctly guess what it was two days ago when there was a huge ad from Apple in my email about the shuffle. It can hold 240 songs and I'm already making a gym worthy playlist of peppy tunes (where else can you find Eminem and Morrissey?!) to keep me motivated on the ellilptical. Let me tell you when I do reverse mode on the elliptical it can take an awful lot to keep me motivated, that is quite a workout on your glutes, dreaded saddlebag area.Toby told me to look at the back of the ipod to see what it said and I was like 'it says ipod' not noticing the tiny type on top, you can't read it in the picture, but Toby had the lil ipod inscribed. It says 'Kim we make beautiful music together' - isn't that so sweet? Now if only this thing could keep Oona from having breakdowns in the babysitting area (three in the past week! please let it be a short lived phase) I could actually get a good work out in. Yeah, and maybe I'll drop 15 pounds in a month, a girl can dream.

1 comment:

Elise A. Miller said...

two and a half months, dear girl. leave something to look forward to. savor that elliptical machine. how sweet is toby? i hope bryan reads this post. that is just outstanding mensch behavior. bravo. i am so happy for you. mwah!