Thursday, November 09, 2006

long lash envy


This is an creatively cropped picture of Oona and I, taken seconds before Oona swatted the camera out of my hand and the camera broke. Thank God I thought to get an extended warranty. Toby didn't think it was necessary but since I'm the eternal worrier, a pessimist who sees everything that can go wrong in the World, I opted for the year of free service. What I didn't know until I brought my camera in for repair is that it will take 6 weeks to get my camera back and it's not like they offer you a loaner camera in the interim. What am I going to do?! I arrived late to the digital camera world but as soon as I got my camera I knew I'd never be able to turn back to standard film cameras again. When you're primarily taking pictures of your children you can easily go through rolls of film in order to get a good shot. I'm even considering getting another digital camera, although I haven't told Toby this yet. I feel completely adrift and have to cull through old images for blog-worthy pics of my sweet little acorns.
I can't believe how pretty Oona is. How did she wind up with such long lashes, girls are rarely blessed with naturally thick long lashes? As you can see by my one eye I was not blessed in that way, Toby must have passed that gene along. It is so horribly vain of me but when I hold up Oona to look in the mirror I can't stand to look at myself next to her. I look old and try to place the exact date that I slipped into appearing middle aged - maybe six weeks after my son was born? When I realized that breastfeeding isn't a magic bullet for dropping the baby weight and that getting a good night's sleep is a vital part of my otherwise nonexistent beauty regimen.

1 comment:

Elise A. Miller said...

i'm totally jonesing for a new camera! god there's so much crap to buy. you have a very pretty eye by the way.