Monday, October 19, 2009


I have no qualms in telling you that I photoshop the hell out of most of my pictures, at least when the photo calls for it and I allow myself this wonderful method of procrastination (which is what I'm doing because there is a baseball game on when I'm supposed to be watching House, why? it's not even the Pirates, so I don't know why a new episode of House got preempted. Anyhoodle, up top is a new banner for fall pending any better shots I might take when we go to get pumpkins this weekend. I love this tree in Highland Park, the thing is in my mind's eye I'm able to block out the surrounding tress and focus on the beauty of this one, not so easy even with photoshop. And I'm totally annoyed that the upper left hand corner is burnt out.


The biggest reason I photoshop is to try and recapture the light in my photos, it never looks like it does to my eye, try as I might fiddling with the various modes on my camera. On fall days like today the leaves almost glow, the way they're lit by the sun and I wanted to show that but can't do it justice. My absolute favorite light play in fall is when it's grey and rainy but the leaves look lit, amazing but I've never come close to recreating that effect.


Mais non. Oona, my breathen, told me that she doesn't like fall, the horror. On the way to Ikea yesterday, when I was pointing out the amazing colors of the trees by the side of the road she let out this bombshell, in a deep, well for a four year old deep, foreboding voice. She had her arms crossed over her chest and said that she didn't like fall; she doesn't like the leaves off the trees and the punched leaves (the brown ones) which, she says, look like they've been bruised.

1 comment:

Elise A. Miller said...

Oona the brooding poet. Does she like winter best? Love those pre-storm skies too with the leaves.