Thursday, October 29, 2009

catastrophic thinking: pencil impalement

Oona got this in a gift bag from a birthday party awhile ago. I was holding off on letting her use it because I was thinking it looked like the graphite equivalent of a syringe. Okay, now I realize it's not as long as a typical syringe but that pencil tip looks pretty darn pointy to me, maybe the pencil equivalent of the epipen? And with the way my children fight in my presence, which is especially difficult for me since I'm an only child and have trouble knowing what's typical and what's not, I don't want to make a trip to the ER with the pencil tip impaled in some body part.

1 comment:

Elise A. Miller said...

I'm gleaning that it's typical for kids to beat the crapola out of each other. I am agog at times. Agog I tell you. That is one sharp looking pencil. I've hidden the teddy bear pin Stella just received as a gift, which reminds me of your pencil situation.