Thursday, October 22, 2009

hooked

Or maybe I should say needled? I guess the hooked title might be more appropriate if I'd just learned to crochet, which I would love to know how to do. As it is I invited some friends over for beer, cheese and knitting on Sunday and learned the basics of how to knit. Monday I went online and found a youtube video to figure out how to cast on and this is what I've managed to do since Monday. I have had this yarn lying around forever, seriously it has a price tag with a date stamp that says 05/97. It wouldn't be my first choice in colors for a scarf but I figured this is my scarf protoype and once I feel good with my newbie knitting skills I can graduate to the prettier yarn that I just purchased. I should not have started knitting when there's so many half finished projects in my house but, oh well, it's too late now, I've succumbed to the addiction that is knitting.

5 comments:

kristi said...

awesome! i learned to knit over wine (much wine...) and we called it "drunk knitting night." ;)

i love knitting because as long as i stick to the basic stitch i can do it while watching tv or talking/listening and at the end i have something i can wear!

Suse said...

Beautiful! You must have a truly marvellous teacher.

sew nancy said...

Yeah.

Looks like you are on your way to a healthy new addiction.

Have a great weekend

BabelBabe said...

suse is a ringer, pay her no mind : )

Amelia Plum said...

Val, you have to get credit where credit is due. You started me on my new obsession. Now if I can just learn how to crochet as well...