Saturday, September 05, 2009

i need a coke

If I post anything along the lines of I'm thinking of starting a new project around the house will somebody put me out of my soon to be misery and just shoot me? The hallway project led into let's strip the doorframes and baseboard on the second floor. Bad idea. Sure it will look better in the long run but the peelaway and no VOC peelaway (I need both for my process) is giving me headaches. The kids spent the past two night in my bed because their doorways are a little messy right now, I over compensate for any potential lead dust and don't want them sleeping in there until I've TSPed the doorways. I might also have a headache due to sleeping with those two. I'm tired, pissy, stuffed yet hungry - sounds wonderful doesn't it? And I need to finish this second floor before the kids come back Monday early eveningish. That thing behind me? A foyer table that I still need to finish. Well, once it's ALL DONE I will post pictures and then I expect you, dear readers, and anyone you can wrangle to read this post to give me lots of compliments so I'll think that halving my IQ from my utterly insane pursuit of 'just right' in this house was worth it in the end. Did I mention that I'm thinking of wallpapering the ceilings in the hallways (1st and 2nd floor). Yep, I'm certifiable when it comes to this home renovation stuff.

1 comment:

Elise A. Miller said...

love this pic. I will stop you if you need me to. wrestle you to the floor and steal your stripper. that sounds kind of hot.