Tuesday, September 15, 2009

fatigue

Being tired is something I've been complaining about to doctors for I don't know how long. A long, long time it seems. And after reading The Itch last week it made me wonder if it might be my perception about tiredness that's making me tired, which also makes me wonder if people who look physically tired complain more about fatigue then those that naturally look bright eyed and bushy-tailed, and do I look tired? But then I look at the things going on in my life, which seems to resemble a bag of popcorn thrown up in the air, and then I think, well, maybe I have a right to be a bit tired. I mean I'll joke about my home renovations being ADD inspired but seriously, my half bath is still gutted (since April), I'm still in the middle of stripping the doors, did the baseboards and door frames of the hallway on the second floor and am now contemplating the third floor, still need to touch up hallway paint and trim and am toying with the idea of doing venetian plaster to soften the blue (Brittany blue is lovely but looks very BLUE at night). Let's see, thinking of venetian plaster in Oona's room and if that works my bedroom and Owen's bedroom too (it's supposed to be very forgiving to old, imperfect plaster walls so if I can hack it I'll probably venetian plaster everything). Bought all new gutters/downspouts and painted them for the roofers/brickpointers to hang tomorrow. Um, I stripped the window frame on the back porch window and started the front window, which is going to be tricky with the dentil molding between the main window and the transom. Have yet to finish the front porch, I need to patch the concrete in areas where it's cracked or there are holes, there are many, and then seal it with something (not paint!) to withstand the weather. I thought I might wallpaper the small room on the third floor to see how difficult it is since I'm thinking of the wallpaper above for the ceilings in the 1st and 2nd floor hallways and then adding crown molding. Plus, don't even get me started on the visions for the floors, kitchen and two bathrooms. This must be some form of something psychiatric and pathological. I'm also thinking of making the kids new bedspreads and window treatments and I still need to study for that damn clep and just thinking of this all makes me want to sleep for two days or get my hands on some sort of amphetamine and lately I feel this way all the time. I feel like taffy being pulled in multiple different directions and I can't even think straight. I'll post pictures when stuff is finished, if it ever will be finished with my exacting standards. I'm trying to get part time work cleaning houses, I got my first client today. She talked about wanting to clean the white haxagonal tiles in her bathroom and I almost got giddy saying I'd be happy to take on extra jobs like that. Seriously, that is so wrong, but the woman was very nice and decided to still go with me.

3 comments:

BabelBabe said...

Mike would've done the gutters and downspouts for you, FYI. Hope the pointing is going well. (I assume it's Mike? Maybe not...)

sew nancy said...

i really admire the fact that you take on these things around the house.
the physical work in that alone is exhausting not to mention that you have 2 little ones and all the other stuff plus studying.
you should be really proud of all that you do and give yourself a weekend off. if i lived closer i would so take you to the movies and for a glass of wine

Elise A. Miller said...

I can't wait to be exhausted with you sans kids. maybe we'll wake the f up. oy. Zzzzzzzz...