Friday, September 04, 2009

first day of school

Oona is so in love with her brother. And I'm so in love with the cute Madeline-esque school uniform that I got for $14.50 at The Children's Place, because it looks so french and not having a white top that will be riddled with stains within a week makes me very happy, no?

In front of the school with Farmer Josh and Mr. Jackson, the custodian, in the background. If dermatologists and/or plastic surgeons could come up with some concoction that could make your skin as perfect as a child's I would be first in line for it. Children have such beautifully plump poreless skin. I took a picture of myself with Oona and let's just say it was not pretty, especially since my skin is flipping out yet again and I'm molting around my mouth.

I totally dropped the ball with Owen's first day of school, which was yesterday. I forgot to bring shoes to his Dad's so he was in sandals and I forgot to bring his backpack. But he was okay and had a great first day. Oona had an hour long meltdown while we were at the school, seeing Owen off and filling out forms for her first day, today. I was about to lose it but Toby said on the phone that it's all new to her and she was probably overwhelmed, which she was. She calmed down, I calmed down and we went for chocolate croissants at Whole Foods. She insisted that I sit right next to her, on the same side of the booth, and kept saying Mama I love you soo much and giving me hugs and kisses. Chocolate and love makes everything better.

5 comments:

BabelBabe said...

so cute. i want a dress like that.

sew nancy said...

oh the dress
and that skin!
and chocolate does make everything better i say while trying not to eat the whole brownie right now

kristi said...

oh! these pictures are precious. she has really changed a lot since i first started reading your blog. so crazy how kids do that, right? so she just started kindergarten?

i heart chocolate! :)

Amelia Plum said...

she just started pre-k, well it's her second year of pre-k but her first year at her brother's school, it's a magnet and they need to wear uniforms, even the young uns. let me tell you she wore pants and a white top today and the top is already ruined - ketchup all over the front and the stain remover i use never seems to work.

Elise A. Miller said...

mais oui on that dress! super-chic. and I'm totally down with bonding over sweets with the kids. I'm hereby subscribing to your newsletter! love that she was all over you. so schweet.