Wednesday, January 07, 2009

a touch of class

In my miscellaneous folder, which I have schlepped around with me everywhere these past fifteen years, not willing to part with certain items that I couldn't figure out a place to put, are...

1. a fifteen year old aptitude test which indicates I'm stellar at inductive reasoning and spatial relations but only average at vocabulary

2. a package of glow in the dark stickers

3. the letterhead from my great grandfather's camp, Camp Quest, in Maine (I want to turn it into a t-shirt)

4. bad poetry and writing from the past fifteen years (to shred or not to shred)

5. astrodienst print out providing detailed astrological charts on me, toby and the kids (for all that's worth)

6. and this true gem below, that I found between the pages of Martha Stewart Living when I was freelancing there. I just cannot part with it and hopefully you'll understand why. This is one of those stupid advertisements that never ceases to make me laugh (you need to enlarge it in order to read the copy, which is priceless). Enjoy!

9 comments:

BabelBabe said...

scan it all in, throw it in a directory on your computer, and shred the hard copies.

and I can't get the graphic to load : (

Amelia Plum said...

for those that can't see the copy...

'Create the beauty, elegance, pleasure, eye appeal and gracefulness that the architect and landscaper cannot complete.

Llamas will not only diversify your investment portfolio but also provide a rewarding family lifestyle.

Invest in llamas today. For a free informative magazine & list of reputable llama breeders, call now toll free 1.866.68llama'

Elise A. Miller said...

I GOTTA GET ME A LLAMA!!!!!!!!!!!!

PSUMommy said...

That's it, I'm hooked. I want me a Llama!

I have a small box of things I can't let go of, too. Poety from high school into college (painful to read, it's that bad), old journals, old letters- like real, snail mail letters.

But the Llama thing just beats it all- now that's a great find!

sew nancy said...

now i know what i've been missing- a llama!
oh that is too good.

kristi said...

i wonder if my fellow urban tampa neighbors will object to a llama...but i bet you she would complement the palm trees! :)

you freelanced for martha stewart living? i read that and was instantly jealous. not so much that i'm a martha fan but that i'm a magazine fan...and working on the staff of one would be SO cool!

Amelia Plum said...

i freelanced at martha stewart for a year and a half but i freelanced for the website. the web people were all super nice. i didn't really interact with the magazine people at all but ohh, the stories i could tell...

Eve Fox said...

I cannot believe that my google search for "llamas, a touch of class" actually turned this up! Thank you! I clipped this very same page years ago but then gave it to my brother because I knew he would appreciate how funny it was and was hoping against hope that whoever it was who'd paid to put that ad in had a web site or something but this is even better. Thank you!

Sally said...

Oh man, I tore this out of the magazine and had it on my refrigerator forEVER. When we replaced the fridge I lost it--so glad to find it again.