Tuesday, January 06, 2009

christmas past

Conspicuous christmas consumption. To be fair over half these present were from Grandma Cat for the kids, and us. And it all looked, well I wouldn't say modest, but not quite as greedy once boxes were opened and flattened for recycling. Funny side note, I lost my keys looking for Oona's leapster. I ran to the car (right outside our front door) and came back in and the keys vanished. I seriously thought I was losing my mind, or experiencing early onset dementia. I went through two boxes of flattened cardboard (for recycling), two large bags of flattened gift wrap (more recycling), the trash, I turned the entire first floor upside down (and cleaned up for dinner in the process). The keys were found two days later, in the hood of my mom's sweatshirt...in Staten Island. She packed them up and brought them home with her and by chance put on the outfit and noticed the hood was a bit heavy (the sweatshirt had been on a piece of furniture in our entryway and I must have thrown the keys in there accidently).

Two guesses as to who was up at the crack of dawn and who wanted to sleep in.

Owen, the eager beaver, was up and dressed by 5:50. Fortunately we were able to keep him in his room for an hour, although he kept popping into our room every fifteen minutes practically bursting with excitement. Owen is the world's most appreciative kid when it comes to presents. What boy would be so elated to find a hat in his stocking?!

Poor Oona, it took a little while for her to perk up and grasp what was going on. She's like me when it comes to sleep, a bit of a bear who would rather burrow back in the warmth of her bed than wake up. That rat's nest at the back of her head is quickly becoming permanent, since she freaks out any time I try to brush or comb her hair.

Oona finally perked up & put on a bow, it was a lovely Christmas.

1 comment:

Elise A. Miller said...

ho ho ho! so good to read your posts again. been checking. go o with the appreciation. that rocks. and oona with the sleeping. it's all so damn cute. miss you xoxox