Wednesday, September 03, 2008

ta da

Almost three weeks later and this is finally done. Phew! This took a lot longer than I expected, you'd think I'd figure that out by now with refinishing furniture since it always takes a lot longer than I originally think. And midway I always start thinking 'What have I gotten myself into? Is this crappy piece of furniture worth all the fuss?' One coat of paint, one coat of stain, another coat of paint, a coat of celery green stain, a coat of dove grey stain and two coats of polyurethane later and voila, it is done. Overall I'm happy with the way it turned out. It was really difficult with the different paint layers because I was doing everything after the kids went to bed and I couldn't judge the colors real well by my porch light in the dark. The final grey stain made everything work out better. And I'm in love with the hardware - Target makes my day once again. Next project will be a rocker from Toby's Mom but today I've got to study for an A&P test tomorrow. Let me know what you think.

2 comments:

kristi said...

it's BEAUTIFUL! i love the color. very anthropologie...which just happens to be my favorite store i never shop at. ;)

sew nancy said...

the color looks lovely
great work.