Wednesday, September 17, 2008

where did the first two weeks of september go?

Here are pictures of the kids taken from their cousin's birthday party a couple of weeks ago. I'd include pictures of my niece but her Mom doesn't want them on the internet, which I can respect. She seemed very happy about her party and had a great time with her cousins and other family and friends who came out for the big day. The kids all got to enjoy one last swim on their backyard blow up pool, which would take up our whole back yard but they've got an acre on land that's very pretty, although it might not look so nice when it's time to mow.

Owen now loves splashing around in the water. I'd love to get him more swim lessons during the school year but with karate two nights a week and toby in school two nights a week I don't think I can manage swim lessons a couple nights a week as well. I'm so absent minded being a stay at home mom, I think it's because I'm constantly thinking about a bunch of different things at once and it's obviously not working for me. Last week at the gym, after my mad dash from classes to pick up Oona at preschool and Owen at school, I rushed onto the elliptical with a bottle of communal hairspray from the women's locker room. I don't even use hairspray and have no idea how the thing wound up in my hand. Let's keep our fingers crossed that I'm not suffering from really early onset dementia.

I've taken on yet another refinishing project. I got a buffet from Goodwill a couple weeks ago for $60. Now I'm in the middle of the masochistic task of my multiple layers of paint for an aged, distressed look. I'll be sure to put up pictures once it's done. I wish I had more time to do all the crafts I'd like to do and have time with the kids and study for my classes. Times like this I wish I was one of those people who can get by on five hours of sleep. Unfortunately I'm a crabby zombie on anything less than 8 hours and even then I need a lot of coffee throughout the day to sustain me.

2 comments:

kristi said...

oona's swimsuit is so cute! i admire you for taking your kids to any classes. i panicked thinking i might have to manage 1 night a week for soccer. i was secretly glad to find out it was (a) too much $$ and (b) all full. :) now i just have to stress out that maybe i'm depriving my kids... and i hear you on the sleep/coffee!

sew nancy said...

the hairspray thing is too funny
i'm always thinking about a bunch of stuff at the same
time
i can't keep up with my head