Thursday, September 11, 2008

i heart the economist

This picture has absolutely nothing in common with the rest of this post. I just feel that posts always look a little bereft without a picture to spice them up. And let me tell you this is the most photogenic thing in our backyard, which could benefit from a lot of time, love, a mowing and some money thrown at it, but will have to wait indefinitely for now. Anyhoo... this link shows yet another reason why I love The Economist and anyone concerned about this upcoming presidential election should read The Economist's section on United States politics regularly - it will inform you much more than any of our television news shows will, aside from Newshour with Jim Lehrer. Whenever Owen hears the musical intro to Jim Lehrer's show he hits his hand against his forehead knowing that's the end of enjoyable PBS programs for him. Plus, if you pick up the magazine you can see the cheeky comments they put under the photo captions which always crack me up. I can't read the magazine regularly anymore, now that A&P and Pharmacology demand way too much of my time. But that magazine is like a smart, funny friend that never ceases to teach me something and make me smile.

No comments: