Wednesday, July 02, 2008

happy hump day



While Toby's been busy working in Vegas, not the gambling tables, at least not to my knowledge, I've decided to put my 24/7 life with the kids into the masochistic zone. As if potty training Oona, while Owen's home for the summer and not in camp this week, isn't enough, I've decided to make every other day a TV free day in the house. Today was the second TV free day and it's actually gone surprisingly well. We went out to get Oona a booster seat for the car. That girl, now that she's got the potty training down, I'm amazed and truly thankful about how relatively easy this experience has been so far, but now she's two (well a few months shy of 3) going on thirty. She wants to do everything on her own and for her to get in our car and try to snap herself into her five point harness car seat, well you quickly pass five minutes standing in the street waiting for her to finish. And if I dare to try and help her she has a combo whine/scream that could possibly cause long term hearing loss. So she's 35 pounds and it seemed like now was the perfect time for a booster. We stopped at Jo-Ann's after getting the booster seat and bought a couple bird houses for the kids to paint. They had a great time with the whole experience, I think Oona's cherry shirt (which she was wearing in the previous post too, I swear she has more clothes) is now her craft shirt, she got so much paint on it. I know, I know, looking at the pictures below that totally surprises you.

1 comment:

Elise A. Miller said...

whoa I am stealing your birdhouse idea. that rules. we have TV on way too much these days, it's scary. I mean, come on. you inspire me.