Thursday, June 05, 2008

where's amelia

Sorry for my absence. I've been looking like a whirling dervish, spinning around all over the place but it feels like I'm accomplishing very little. Can I tell you I drive so much that my left arm is more tan than the right one while my right thigh is bigger than my left, I'm assuming from hitting the gas and brake so much with the city chauffeur/mom type driving. But I shouldn't complain about the driving, poor Toby had to drive to New Jersey (about 300 miles) for work on Tuesday and called at quarter to six tonight to let me know he was leaving to come back home,he should be back by midnight. But tomorrow morning we're dropping the kids off at his parents, in Central Pennsylvania, and then driving to Philadelphia for a wedding on Saturday. Ugh, I hate driving or even being a passenger in a car for longer than 3 hours anymore, I get very antsy and anxious. Could be all the trucks and truck-like SUVs that drive over the limit. I drive at least 5 miles over the limit on highways but most people fly by me, rather scary. I be back home on Tuesday, hopefully with more fun pictures and stories to post. Hope everyone enjoys their weekend. It's gone from a frigid late May to 90 degrees here - I can't deal with schizophrenic weather, how I long for true spring and fall but we don't seem to get the temperate seasons any more, just one extreme to the other.

Owen's school had an end of the year picnic where he got his face painted like a leopard. He was very excited to get the last Xbox lego game, Indiana Jones, since he's already beaten (with his Dad's help) all the Star Wars lego games. The game came with a free shirt but they only sent the store size X-Large, I guess they're thinking only children of the 80s will be playing the game.

1 comment:

sew nancy said...

cute pics of the kids!
enjoy the wedding.
hope it's a fun one
kisses to oak and oak