Thursday, June 05, 2008

oona's bed update

In other news, I've been working on Oona's bed (for forever it seems) but it's finally nearing completion. I didn't take pictures of what it looked like when I first got it, dope that I am, it was painted shiny black. I would have liked have had a wooden bed that I could have just stained but the quality of the wood on this bed is really crappy, hence my somewhat regretting even buying the bed frame and I can't even contemplate all the time I've put into this thing. I'll put photos of the finished bed, in the room with new bedding, up once that's done. I can't wait, let's just hope Oona can't wedge her head between those knobby spindles, which were an absolute bitch to strip.

don't even comment on what a mess our basement is.

I had to switch the painting to outside because huffing the fumes from this paint was making me sick. I have a ventilator mask but the thing is so heavy it's makes my neck ache.

it's almost done. I just need to touch up the feet and possibly seal the paint. I might get those peel on/off wall decorations to put on the bed and mask the really pocked up parts of the wood on the headboard.

6 comments:

sew nancy said...

hey you
the headboard is looking amazing...great job.
i love the shade of blue you chose.
even though it's hard work...i know how much you enjoy doing this type of thing and it's so rewarding when it's all done
have a great weekend
xoxo

kristi said...

oh this bed is AMAZING. i love the color you chose. and i'm partial to painted things right now instead of stained things (probably too much stained furniture when we first got married and i quickly got tired of seeing brown everywhere you know?). the spindles, the blue, the knobs on top the angles of the headboard--you really found a beauty. can't wait to see it in oona's room. hope the wedding is more fun than you imagine--hey, at least you will have a weekend away from KIDS! ;)

Amy said...

the bed is beautiful! i love the color!

cookie said...

what a gorgeous bed!
love the colour.
and i know how hard it is to strip things, i stripped all the woodwork in our old house..well done.
love

Jessica said...

That bed frame is beautiful! The blue paint really makes it pop! When I was a little one I had a blue wooden frame bed and I loved it dearly.

Elise A. Miller said...

ooh so glad to see its progress! it looks great and is really nice! was worth the money and time.