Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Better: A Surgeon's Notes on Performance by Atul Gawande

I borrowed this book from the library and I think I might need to buy it because I enjoyed it so much. I find Atul Gawande inspirational. Seriously, reading this book makes me very motivated to go back to school for nursing, even if I have to take six more prerequisites before enrolling in an accelerated BSN program. I just might have to ammend my comment on the flu outbreak at a memory care residence in the previous post because I have a feeling that could be held against me. But back to the book, Atul Gawande is so insightful and such a wonderfully compassionate writer. I find it incredibly refreshing to read writing from a doctor who is willing to look closely at the ethical dilemmas involved in medicine. He's such a great writer and he's a doctor, I so envy people blessed with that much intelligence and talent. I highly recommend this book and his previous book Complications: A Surgeon's Notes on an Imperfect Science.

No comments: