Wednesday, January 10, 2007

lil leopard girl


I loved the snowsuit my Mom had gotten Oona for her birthday, she's wearing it in one of the first few posts I put up. But, alas, that snowsuit can be pretty tough to get on her when we're running late to drop Owen off at Pre-K and we've yet to have weather where Oona could play in the snow and actually benefit from a snowsuit, so I got her this leopard coat that was on sale at the children's place a couple weeks ago (of course now it's even less expensive). For some reason older women love seeing Oona in this coat. She gets quite a lot of smiles and comments whenever we hit Panera early in the morning - a popular destination for the retired Fox Chapel set here in the 'burgh. I just thought it was funny and it's one of the few things Oona owns that isn't pink or flowered - it's hard to not buy pink or flowers when it seems like that's all that's available for baby girls. So I've superimposed her on an artic backdrop, cheesy but nicer than seeing our crappy couch in the background, and the 'goggles' which are from Owen's fireman's costume add to the whole artic explorer ensemble. This is all I'll be able to get in today because Oona has decided not to nap - grrrrr!

3 comments:

sew nancy said...

i love lil' leopard girl. oona is a punk rocker! these pictures are too much. why do old people like panera? i think because they let you hang out forever. there is this mauve haired pompadoured (prob. fake) old lonely guy who we call carl perkins that always goes there.

xx

jennypah said...

I'm no old lady and I love your adorable leopard girl!

Elise A. Miller said...

love her and the coat and the background! and you! mwah!