Wednesday, August 12, 2009

pffft

Please tell me the cliche that it's always darkest just before the dawn holds true because right now I'm reaalllly close to losing it. The money I spend on fixing up the house, still waiting for the pointing to be finished (although, to be fair, the pointer said he'd do my house between other jobs) and the list of stuff to fix here just keeps growing. I've got a plague of fucking huge flies hanging out in my dank basement (please tell me someone else in Pittsburgh is dealing with this due to the hot humid weather?). My lawyer charged me twice what Toby's did when Toby's lawyer did most of the work, Toby agreed to that in order to save me money. I'd like to call and complain but the lawyer gave me a $700 courtesy credit, what if he rescinds on the courtesy if I make a stink? My Grandma is dying piece by piece. It's so hard to witness and makes me so mad to see what passes for care at the facility she's at. But, apparently, she's in one of the best facilities in the state, it has the highest patient/care giver ratio. And Toby's on vacation, which he more than deserved with his crazy work schedule and finishing school, so I have the kids all to myself until the 20th. Oh and Owen won't go to be until 10:30 most nights so I feel like I have no time to myself (although I do have the gym). In other words I'm having a 'Calgon take me away' moment really badly right now.

2 comments:

BabelBabe said...

so is the divorce official then?
I'd call and politely discuss the problem with the lawyer. But if he gave you his rate sup front, you may not be able to do much...

and, dear, put Owen to bed when you want. If he sits in bed and reads for two hours, fine, but you need a break. when i get back, i can take your kids for a bit, if that helps...

sew nancy said...

so much at the same time.
sometimes when the kids are crazy we just put on the music and dance.
as for owen by all means the kid needs to hang out in his room. 10:30 is too much....