Saturday, August 08, 2009

happy birthday owen!

At 6:38 tonight Owen turns 7. We had a small but very fun party for him at my house today. I always want to figure out a way to put into words just how much my children mean to me and how much I love them. I think of parents who write letters or journals to their children and I so wish I could do that but when it comes to expressing my feelings for them I just feel completely inept. I mean I can vent about them with no problem but why is it so much harder to express the love and joy they bring me? I can't describe what I feel in my heart for my children, but here are some pictures of my beautiful boy on his big day.

The house actually looks okay in this picture. I like how the green in the dining room looks here but in real life I still feel it's too dark and am planning on repainting it a lighter green. Yes, I did strip the paint off the windowframe in the dining room as well. The plan is to repaint it, it was very textured by 100 years of paint on it, and make roman shades (God knows when I'll get around to doing that).

I love this picture, Owen looks adorable and the expressions on his friend and Oona's faces are priceless. I think we reached the maximum amount of candles on a cupcake with seven.

I still don't know what he wished for. How can I not know that, the kid can't keep a secret to save his life.

Owen didn't want to break pikachu so we opted for disembowelment by every child grabbing a ribbon at the bottom, sort of nice because that way Owen can keep pikachu, although you see Oona in the background with a plastic shovel, I think she was ready to attack that pinata.

The yummy spoils of pikachu - nerds, toostie pops, m&m's and peanut butter cups.

2 comments:

Elise A. Miller said...

i think you nailed it, the love you have for the kids. mazel tov to you and O! time is barreling by. xo

sew nancy said...

happy birthday
owen
7, huh? wow
have you seen the movie series 7 Up?
you should check it out. it's about how your personality is pretty solidified by 7 and they follow a bunch of kids every 7 years through adulthood.