Tuesday, October 21, 2008

day two

I'm finishing up my second wheat free day and fear I might turn into a squirrel by the end of this experiment - I'm eating so many darn nuts! I'm addicted to cashews and almonds are my 'healthy' nut choice. I never thought I would come to a point where I would feel this way but cutting out the wheat, sugar and caffeine isn't about losing weight. Given the years (far too many years) I've beaten myself up about my body, this is pretty miraculous. No I'm doing this experiment - 3 weeks without wheat, then sugar and finally caffeine, to see if it will change my energy, health level for the better. If some of the thickness from my thighs migrated up to my boobs I'd be pleased as punch but I don't think that's going to happen and given all the time I spend at the gym I actually feel good about my body. It's far from perfect but I'm pleased at all that it can accomplish and I love being strong. I'm not bodybuilder strong but I'm much stronger than I was before I started going to the gym. Gym membership is one thing I'm always going to make a point of including in my life because I think it's one of the best ways to take care of myself - plus I love to people watch there and catch up on bad TV and gossip rags in between reading A&P and Pharmacology. Happy Tuesday everyone!

1 comment:

sew nancy said...

i'm pleased to hear that this experiment is for your health rather then to lose weight. so many women think about doing this sort of thing for being skinny only.
also your dedication to the gym and being healthy is very noble.
i'm proud of your determination.
xx