Thursday, May 22, 2008

winter in may

The past week and a half it has been downright frigid here in Pittsburgh. It's rained every day and it has been unseasonably cold. On Monday I finally broke down and asked Toby to put the heat back on because my toes were suffering the effects of the cold burst in spring. My feet are not a pretty sight. They're probably the ugliest part of my body, but I needed to show you just how cold I've been. Note the frozen yellow piggy that went to market and the piggy that stayed home is purple with a yellow center, lovely I know. I think I suffered from frostbite when I was young during the many times I would ice skate (from 11 to 14 I skated all winter) until my feet were numb. I'd then proceed to rub them back to life in front of a radiator (basically the two cardinal sins of treating frostbite but this is what my Dad would do to my feet when I was too young to do it on my own). So yeah, my feet have had crappy circulation ever since. Even on cool summer nights, which are still relatively balmy, my toes become waxy yellow hard lumps. It's supposed to warm up over the weekend reaching 80 here by Monday. In the meantime I double up on socks in the house and walk by the heating vent a lot.

4 comments:

Amy said...

here's to you getting some 80 degree weather!

kristi said...

oh i HATE cold feet/toes! even when it's summer here (9 months of the year) i double up on socks a lot. oh wait, maybe i just leave our A/C too low...anyway, i second amy's wish for you!

sew nancy said...

oh man...this week of rain has been hard. i think the sun is coming out finally and it is supposed to stick around now so those toesies of yours should warm up soon

i could just go on and on about this week...i am so tired that i think i would just ramble on and on (or am i doing that now?) and end with my head on the computer which of course would not be good being that i'm here with 2 kids and all

xx

cookie said...

winter is just starting to set in ,over here in oz.
i am always so ill prepared for it!
it is cold!!
hope you warm up soon..
love