Wednesday, May 14, 2008

spring banner arrives, finally

Yes, it is almost two months into spring but it took me awhile to get to changing my banner for the season. Pittsburgh makes it hard to have anything springy until mid april but I have no excuse for the past 3 weeks. I might tinker with this banner since I'm not thrilled with it but at least it's better than looking at snow in May. Below is a look at banners past, I think summer is my favorite. Yes that was photoshopped, but I had to get rid of the crappy background. Here's the original.



winter 07/08


fall 07


summer 07


spring 07


winter 06/07

5 comments:

kristi said...

these are all such stunning photographs! i wish i could figure out how to manipulate the text on my banner like you have done. i'm not sure which one is my favorite--i might have to say all! actually i love the forlorn feel of that bottom one.

these definitely inspire me...

Amelia Plum said...

I do the banners in photoshop (which I love! I can spend hours niggling over the tiniest things in that program) and then I save the jpeg to photobucket.com (you can get an account for free). Then when you get the window to upload your banner image you just click from the web (instead of from your computer) and copy the http address of 'direct link' from the photobucket album. that first banner was my learning curve and took hours for me to figure out how to do - I can be real dumb when it comes to computer stuff and I'm terribly anal which just makes things worse.

If you are interested in this and need more help just email me and I can screen grab a step by step tutorial of sorts.

sew nancy said...

all your banners are amazing
i really need to make time to change mine

kristi said...

thanks for the how-to...i'm going to try that when i have some time and see what happens!

Elise A. Miller said...

love the latest. my fave color combo. hope your mother's day was HAPPY btw. ooxx