Monday, August 08, 2011

owen's nine


He officially turned nine at 6:38 pm. We were doing a countdown at Baskin Robbins but the time struck waiting at the light on the way to the grocery store for cat food, Sam and Frodo were hungry after going without this morning. Owen and Oona counted backward from sixty once they saw the car clock turn to 6:37 and I snapped Owen (really just turned the camera to the back seat and shot so I'm glad it actually turned out well) celebrating the passage into a new year.

This is the pose I got when I asked Owen to look sweet, meaning no gangster hands and or thinking he's doing the peace sign but his palms are turned in so he's really telling people to fuck off if they're English. Oh my, how to explain this without it becoming a loaded hand weapon.

Oona attacking her sprinkle waffle ice cream cone with true gusto. She gave up a couple bites after this though. They usually just get a kids scoop but for Owen's birthday I said they could have whatever they wanted, they each ate less than half of what they ordered.

Oona is just going to kill somebody when she's older if her eyes stay that big and brown and beautiful.

1 comment:

sew nancy said...

Happy Birthday! I can't believe he is 9! Love the car photo.

Oona's eyes are gorgeous I have to agree. She is next in line - almost 6.