Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The past four days I've been studying for my final, which is tomorrow. I haven't spent every minute of the past four days studying, don't get me wrong. I'd intersperse it with going to the gym, renting movies each night (four! more than I've seen in the past four months) and catching up on errands I neglect while in school but I've looked over all of the eighteen powerpoint lectures I'll be tested on bright and early tomorrow, with such diverse gems as trauma, esophageal cancer, neuromuscular disorders, all things renal and disaster planning (if this last lecture had been given with the same passion that my favorite fire safety lecturer puts towards his work it would have been awesome, alas, he's a tough act to live up to). So today, my day before the final, I get to panic in earnest. To be fair my body is well acquainted with that panicky feeling, in fact it seems to be the mode it operates on most days. But what better way to calm that vertiginous feeling than with a little procrastination by blogging? So my friend Elise turned me on to celebitchy and I have to admit, I agree with her about how refreshing it is to come across a website that totally objectifies men with such gems as hot dong friday. They'll also have very funny posts like Michael Madsen owes $750k in child support, deadbeat Dad or victim of the economy? I am a sucker for a headline like that. It's a very nice place to click over to and indulge in all things insipid and celebrity oriented for a bit. A few weeks ago Elise and I were talking and she asked who my top five guys be. And I seem to be very uncreative because my mind won't even let me imagine random flings with famous hot guys. My fantasy goes poof if I can't realistically (well, really, unrealistically) see myself being able to get along with this person. But so here's my list of the top five famous people I lust after and it seems to show just how bad I am at this game, or perhaps what a geek I am.

No real surprise here given my Hugh wishlist that resides permanently on the right side of this blog. The past couple years of House have disappointed me but I still would rather watch Hugh Laurie in not so great House episodes than basically anything else on TV. If Hugh could just talk dirty to me with that British accent I'd swoon.

The real life doctor I fantasize about. Atul Gawande is my hero; he is just so smart and such an amazing writer and he's actually interested in making the world a better place. I mean he's a surgeon, he could just rake in the money and live some nice upper income life and not be bothered (trust me I see enough doctors like that at the gym I go to). But he wants to do more with his life and it makes him infinitely cool to me.

My dirty little late night secret. I do not get to see enough of Craig Ferguson because I can't stay up that late and I don't have Tivo (I don't even have cable, I just have basic access to get my public channels in clearly). But this man is so sexy with how funny he is. He's unbelievably clever and he has a good heart (this clip of him discussing his alcoholism is great) and I love how he flirts with the camera when he talks.

I don't know if Ralph Fiennes is clever or funny (hell, just pronouncing his first and last name properly is questionable) but he's sexy in spades. He is great at playing evil characters but equally good at playing tragic heroes. He is even sexy bald, noseless and snake-like as Voldemort. I might need to rent something with him in it soon.

Michael Chabon is the nice jewish boy I wish I married but Ayelet Waldman got him instead. I can't even fault her for it because their marriage seems so enviably beautiful I can't imagine wrecking it. Just thinking of Michael Chabon makes me smile. His writing is so exuberant and if you listen to him that exuberance comes across with every word he says.

No comments: