Wednesday, April 06, 2011

in the pink


Back in early October of last year, after Oona's incident with 'the lice' she dyed her hair blue over at Toby & Sara's. Sara is Toby's fiance. She is smart, kind, pretty, incredibly funny and, most important to me, absolutely wonderful with Owen and Oona. So yes, this is a huge thing I've avoided posting any reference to but there's nothing really to say about it. They're happy and I'm happy for them (honestly). It's one more person to love my children and they adore her and her Mom, who might qualify for favorite Grandma, Owen calls her 'Grandma Awesome'. I just wish I could meet someone to share my life and be happy with too because it's sort of the whole point of life. But back to Oona. I guess Oona had been talking to them about dyeing her hair blue like Katy Perry for some time and after 'the lice' incident, and my horrible job of cutting her hair, and the beauty salon making the best of the hack job I'd done, well her hair was short and it seemed like a nice thing to do for the suffering she'd gone through because of 'the lice' (Oona always called them 'the lice' and that's stuck in my mind). Her hair actually looked quite cute blue. Especially as it was washing out, it became this pale teal that looked really nice with her eyes. So this weekend Toby called to see if I had a problem with pink, I said no, after all it washes out and she can dress however she wants as far as I'm concerned (especially since she needs to wear a uniform at school). As long as her clothes are seasonally appropriate. And hopefully this indulging in the hair colors might dissaude her from a future facial piercings, facial tattoos, or, god forbid, those earrings that stretch your lobe WIDE. And has some dermatologist/plastic surgeon found a way to remedy that yet because I think there could be a potential goldmine there in another 10 years or so? So she got deep pink hair and I think she looks adorable, it totally suits her personality and the best thing is it washes out after a couple of months, so thank you manic panic for letting my five year old realize her inner chameleon.

1 comment:

Elise A. Miller said...

i love it!!! manic panic. ooh I want to have a hair party with stella now. and you are so funny about the goldmine for repairing earspaced lobes. let's figure it out! moneymoney.