Thursday, March 24, 2011

Reasons I hate my car? The list is endless. The city MPG that is thirty percent less than what was the original estimate, the highway mileage is even worse, it's close to 40% below the estimate but I'm not on highways daily (well I'm on one daily but only for less than a mile). The tan cloth interior that takes every drop of water spilled on it and turns it into an ugly magnified stain? Water staining a car's interior, how unpractical is that? The loosey goosey chassis that makes me long for my old Civic, the list goes on. But this morning when I hit my turn signal to go right and the tempo was stepped up to the fast paced beat that let me know yet another turn light has short circuited I was ready to drive right past school and drive the car right through the front window of the dealer I got it from. This is the third time that a turn signal light has died on me in the four and half years that I've owned the car. I never had that happen to me on any of the other cars I've owned. EVER! And this is the third time and the people at the Ford shop insist that this doesn't indicate a problem with the Freestyle, and it's not covered under my warrantee and I'm not paying another $200 to get this fucking turn light fixed. Although I know that every time I inadvertently hit that directional and hear the tick tock'ing on speed or every time I don't hit it because I know I'll hear that is just going to make my anger at this car rise again. Grrrrrr... I loathe people who fail to use turn signals but I refuse to fix this problem. As soon as this albatross of gas guzzling is paid off in full I'm trading it in for a used civic or jetta. I will never buy a Ford again, this car, which I got for (#1) safety reasons and (#2) the gas mileage it was purported to get, is a fucking piece of crap.

No comments: