Monday, November 30, 2009

red belt

This is going to be a short post because, well, I took down the ceiling in the dining room (yeah, I get to find even more knob and tube wiring - lucky me) but my computer is now on my bedroom floor and it is really hard to type sitting with my legs criss cross applesauce. I spent two hours last night trying to remove the sticky big gap filler from my hands (yes you are supposed to wear gloves). I got slimed when I cut into a piece of the foam, which I thought had dried. I basically flayed the flesh off my fingers with repeated bouts of goo gone, nail polish remover, baby oil and heavy duty hand cleanser all with a nail brush - my hands are still probably highly flammable from all that crap. I will never not wear gloves again, my lesson has been learned. Oh, but when will I learn my lesson about taking down ceilings...
So Owen got a red belt tonight, here he is breaking his board, he could have done it with his head but chose the more sedate elbow strike
Let's hear it for the boy! Oona clearly worships her brother and was cheering him on when she wasn't telling people that Owen was her big brother.
Owen gets his belt
Oona also found a new best friend in A-. When we left she was screaming her name like Stanley Kowalski screams 'Stella' inStreetcar Named Desire. Little A- is french and unbelieavably adorable, they played very well together during the belt testing - thank God!

2 comments:

sew nancy said...

go owen!
what award shall i give you for taking down the ceiling?
a lifetime of delicious chocolate with no calories!:) and a mountian of money. you deserve something!

Elise A. Miller said...

I'm sending you gloves. kidding! the economy and all. Can we get a shot of your hands? I love that there is a French girl in your life. this is most auspicious. and Go O! Way to break that board. Break it in two, big man. xoxox