Friday, November 20, 2009

lemongrass scarf

Here's the moss stitch scarf that I finished last night. I love the acidic green of this yarn, it's lion wool-ease thick & quick in lemongrass. Obviously I'm getting most of my yarn from Joann fabrics at this point. I'll read about all these exotic skeins that people write about on other craft blogs, it all sounds so lovely but with my newbie knitting skills and wee small portion of my income being disposable, I figure I'll stick to the cheap yarn until I feel skilled enough to branch out to the hard core, expensive knitting yarn. Although anything with wool seems to drive my neck crazy which is problematic in terms of me enjoying what I've knitted, oh dear. The moss stitch was easy enough to figure out how to do especially after viewing a couple different youtube videos, one was very helpful in recommending having an odd number cast on so you don't have to figure out whether to knit or purl for each row. I like knitting where the thinking is minimal. But my Mom would like a more lacey shawl type thing so I think I'm going to have to start counting stitches and paying more attention with the knitting, at least for whatever I make her for Christmas. Can anyone recommend a relatively easy lace stitch and/or shawl pattern? Hope everyone has an enjoyable weekend, I'll be panicking about how I'll manage Thanksgiving of me and the kids when I don't really enjoy cooking and the kids don't really enjoy eating. What to do what to do...

2 comments:

sew nancy said...

look at you doing moss stitch already!
i don't have a recommendation for an easy lace pattern except to try something with feather and fan. i did one from interweave years ago but have no idea where the pattern is. it wasn't too hard though.
i did a rather unusual post today if you need a good laugh.
xo

sew nancy said...

oh and when you can afford it alpaca merino blends are incredible
luckily i have a stash going considering our employment situation hasn't changed.