Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Here's a peek of scarf number 6 in my knitting madness of late. It's a boucle type yarn (by Bernat, courtesy of Joann fabrics) that is so so soft and itch free. The scarves I made with homespun yarn scratch me to much so I gave one to my therapist, she remarked on how lovely the color of the yarn was, hopefully she wasn't just being nice. God knows I owe her much more than a scarf worth of thanks, she's been super helpful in helping me adjust how I look at things, especially myself. Thanks to Kristi's envy inducing post I already learned the moss stitch, via youtube. I hope to have my moss stitch scarf completed by this evening, will post a pic when it's done.

In a venture I'm still questioning my sanity on... I signed myself up for match.com. Oh my. It's like high school all over again. It's a bit of a social experiment for me. I am pathologically shy and unflirtatious in the 'real world' so we'll see how I fare in this virtual circus. I'm not even sure that I'm ready to date at this point, it's more to see what is out there. It's scary, so far the person whose profile interested me the most was a girl who winked at me from Far Rockaway New York. She probably just winked as a joke but I winked back because she's one of the few who can spell and use grammar correctly, actually reads books (gasp!) and she looked cute, much cuter than 99% of the men who have winked at me. And let me tell you, some of the people on this site are downright sleazy here are three emails I received from one guy, I use the term loosely

1. hi can u text me a picture of your self? (sic)

2. are you real??? lol

3. hi what part of city you in?


my response

Hi,

I'm not texting pictures to people who won't put a picture of themselves up here, but there are photos of me online now so the point is probably moot. In reference to whether I'm for real? Um, I don't really know how to answer that, in what respect do you mean? If you write back with a photo and something of substance I'm more than happy to have a conversation but I've got to tell you the notes you've written so far are really close to demeaning.


And this asshole's response was 'some people just don't know how to have fun'. Yeah. So as I say, it's high school all over again.

No comments: