Sunday, June 28, 2009

basement work table




So this beauty of a work table was hanging out in the basement courtesy of a previous owner and I saw the diamond in the rough, we're talking very rough. I stripped and refinished it and decoupaged the inside drawers because they were really nasty. The paper is some Amy Butler scrapbook collection that I got for $9.99 at Michaels and I loved it so much I had visions of decoupaging everything in the house, I've since calmed down on the decoupage frenzy. The only problem is the table top wasn't really salvageable, it had mastic on it and I'd like the surface to be food friendly being that it's a kitchen island. Does anyone have an idea as to where I could get a piece of lumber, would love butcher block, that's 30 1/2 " by 56 1/2"? I was going to get some ridiculously cheap butcher block from ikea but it isn't wide enough. Oh yeah, and I don't want to pay much, cheapskate that I am.




Yes I am anal enough too even decoupage the bottoms of the drawers, so that the cats have something nice to look up at. Just ignore the rough plaster spots on the ceiling, the kitchen roof and ceiling need to be redone.

3 comments:

BabelBabe said...

you could start haunting Construction Junction, as I plan to (to find a window, for me). also, I have a neighbor who has all sorts of stuff (he's a contractor), I'll ask him if he has any - how big do you need? He'd definitely give you a reasonable price.

kristi said...

i don't have any tips on the butcher block top, but i LOVE the table! and it looks awesome in your kitchen.

sew nancy said...

that table is amazing! you are one talented girl.